Careers / Volunteers
If you are a caring, compassionate individual, who really wants to make a difference in someone’s life then we would like you to become a part of the dFs family! We provide opportunities for you to increase your skills through paid training opportunities. In addition to training opportunities, dFs provides a competitive benefit package. You can apply for some employment positions and other opportunities online.
Caring Individuals WANTED
Great Benefits which May Include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Weekend uplifts for residential positions
- Holiday uplifts
- Short-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee referral incentives
- Discounts on cell phone services
- Travel reimbursement
- Educational leave
- Paid training
- Good opportunities to earn overtime pay
- Starting wage $13.00 an hour
This is a full-time salaried position (40 hours per week) working in the Hermitage, PA office. The hours will be Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Controller position is responsible for the oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The Controller will lead all day to day finance operations of a budget over $10 million and supervise a team of 3 staff members.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly financial statements, expense reports and Board reports
- Reviews internal control procedures and makes recommendations for improvements
- Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies
- Maintenance of ledgers, expenditure and budgetary controls, conducts internal audits
- Responsible for accounts payable and receivable
- Verifies payroll and AP data
- Prepares agency 1099
- Reports information to the Board and the Audit-Finance Committee
- Prepares agency 990
- Reconciles all accounts
- Prepares and remit payroll taxes
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software implementations, advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Present a positive and professional attitude
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Ability to identify problems and to propose feasible solutions
- Ability to work closely with the Executive Team
- Team player
- Strong Interpersonal/Human Relations skills
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience for a major corporation
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting; CPA. and/or MBA preferred
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience working for a non-profit company
Salary commensurate with experience and education.
This position earns Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays, and is eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-term Disability and 401K.
Submit resume with cover letter summarizing experience, education, and salary requirements, referencing Controller to email@example.com or fax to (724) 346-0366 by 9am Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Direct Support Professionals
The employees who provide direct care and support at dFs are called Direct Support Professionals. Our agency is committed to providing on-going training for our staff. We are required to give DSPs (24) hours of training per year, but we often surpass this expectation. We are constantly having our staff update their knowledge by having them go to trainings so we remain current with new approaches for support and the State’s philosophy. We also distribute materials for the staff to read and summarize regularly.
dFs has OPEN RECRUITMENT for Direct Support Professionals. See if you pre-qualify for the position!
Pre-application to Be a Lifesharing Provider
A Lifesharer provides a host home to a child or adult who has intellectual disabilities, and offer individuals the opportunity to be part of a family and community.