Careers / Volunteers
If you are a caring, compassionate individual, who really wants to make a difference in someone’s life then we would like you to become a part of the dFs family! We provide opportunities for you to increase your skills through paid training opportunities. In addition to training opportunities, dFs provides a competitive benefit package. You can apply for some employment positions and other opportunities online.
Caring Individuals WANTED
Great Benefits which May Include:
- Medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Weekend uplifts for residential positions
- Holiday uplifts
- Short-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee referral incentives
- Discounts on cell phone services
- Travel reimbursement
- Educational leave
- Paid training
- Good opportunities to earn overtime pay
- Starting wage $13.00 an hour
This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). The hours will be Monday through Friday 8am – 4:30pm. This position is responsible for providing accounting support for individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. This job entails to properly organize and manage the individual’s funds and their benefits.
- Verify and reconcile bank statements
- Review records of accounts and input entries into proper accounts
- Develop and implement proper keeping of financial records, making use of current technologies
- Post debits and credits to the client’s account
- Provide annual reporting to the Social Security Administration
- Attend team meetings to discuss the individual’s finances and budget
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes
- Protect organization’s mission and vision by keeping information confidential
- Must be organized and detailed oriented
- Have experience with accounting software
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Present a positive and professional attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher)
- Ability to identify problems and to propose feasible solutions
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge of Organization’s Policies and Procedures
- Interpersonal/Human Relations skills
- Two (2) years of Accounting experience
- Experience with individuals with disabilities preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is preferred
Salary will be determined based on degree and experience. Salary range-$35,000-$40,000.
This position earns Paid Time Off and is eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Short-term Disability.
Submit resume with cover letter summarizing experience and education, referencing ACCOUNTANT-REP PAYEE to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (724) 346-0366 by 9am Wednesday, March 4, 2020.
Direct Support Professionals
The employees who provide direct care and support at dFs are called Direct Support Professionals. Our agency is committed to providing on-going training for our staff. We are required to give DSPs (24) hours of training per year, but we often surpass this expectation. We are constantly having our staff update their knowledge by having them go to trainings so we remain current with new approaches for support and the State’s philosophy. We also distribute materials for the staff to read and summarize regularly.
dFs has OPEN RECRUITMENT for Direct Support Professionals. See if you pre-qualify for the position!
Pre-application to Be a Lifesharing Provider
A Lifesharer provides a host home to a child or adult who has intellectual disabilities, and offer individuals the opportunity to be part of a family and community.