ODP’s Community of Practice for Supporting Families is Happy to Share
the 2022 National Agenda
A Summary of the Current State and Future Vision for Supporting Families
In May of 2022, the National Community of Practice for Supporting Families (CoP), supported by the Administration on Community Living (ACL), hosted an in- person Supporting Families Summit in Washington, D.C. to continue the efforts of the 2011 National Agenda for Supporting Families that was a result of the Wingspread Family Support Summit.
The Summit brought together key partners in the supporting families movement to explore the current landscape of supporting families initiatives, develop common definitions and vision for the work, and identify existing and needed policies and practices for enhancing supports to families across the lifespan.
Why It’s Important:
• Families play an important role in supporting loved ones with an intellectual or developmental disability as they live in the community and pursue independence.
• Pennsylvania is a member of the National Community of Practice for Supporting Families through the Office of Developmental Programs in partnership with the PA Developmental Disabilities Council.
The resulting Agenda and Recommendations will provide a framework for the efforts of the National Collaborative for Supporting Families and will guide the ongoing systems change efforts of the Supporting Families movement.
How to Get Involved in the National Community of Practice for Supporting Families:
Join the National Community of Practice for Supporting Families List Serv
• Scan the QR code to join the listserv and receive updates and news that impact supports tofamil ies and provides opportunities to engage, participate and take action.
Register for Future Webinars
• March 7, 2024: The Role of HCBS Waiver Services in Supporting Families
• June 6, 2024: Supporting Families to Navigate Services and Supports
• Link to Register for Webinars
The 2022 National Agenda for Supporting Families
Scan the QR code (to the left) for more information about the National Collaborative for Supporting Families, the Best Practice series and other events or go to The 2022 National Agenda for Supporting Families.